Tuesday, March 31, 2009

fashion for fashion



For young people, going to a fashion event is like being reborn. This is why they cannot wear their usual clothes. Fashion events are like the few moments in life when you can dress up. Everything is allowed. You will never be considered as crazy or ugly but interesting and full of insights. So, they should organize instant fashion shows with the people invited to the event. It would be really worth it.

I've seen some mind blowing outfits at Bread&Butter Barcelona, London Fashion Weekend and 080 Fashion Barcelona. Comparing them, I can say it was about cool '80s for B&B, '80s and Victorian Era influences for London and '70s vintage style for the Catalan fashion event, 080.

As for the latter, everybody, I mean everybody was vintage. I was wondering what year are we and if I was unconsciously forced to get in the time machine. Unfortunately, some sides of the vintage trend had down shifted beauty. I mean, not everybody looks good wearing high waist pants, vintage glasses, leggings or shortened pants with a view to the socks. Now, ugly is cool.

To understand more of what I am talking about check out flickr/
fashion4fashion.

0 comments: